Date: 29 April 2021
Time: 1:00-3:00PM, GMT
Join us as we announce the winner(s) of the Global Cooling Prize and award the winning teams(s) $1 million to support commercialization of their technology.
The award ceremony will be hosted Global Cooling Prize, Rocky Mountain Foundation, and Conservation X Labs, virtually, in the light of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The ceremony will feature profiles of the finalist teams, highlighting their journey so far. We will be joined by some of the eminent leaders from across the world, who will address those in attendance. Additionally, the ceremony will also highlight what comes next as we Race to Zero in the cooling sector in the lead up to COP26.
The line of the speakers for the virtual award ceremony includes:
- Inger Andersen, Executive Director, UN Environment Programme
- Sir Richard Branson, Founder, Virgin Group
- Patrick Child, Deputy Director-General, research and Innovation, European Commission and Chair of Mission Innovation Steering Committee
- Tom Steyer, Founder, NextGen America
- Nigel Topping, UK’s High-Level Climate Action Champion COP26
- Harsh Vardhan, Hon’ble Union Minister of Science & Technology, Health & Family Welfare and Earth Sciences, Government of India