The privacy of our Users is a crucial matter for Alliance for an Energy Efficient Economy (“AEEE”). We recognize the importance of protecting the information we collect from you and about you and are committed towards safeguarding it.
- On our Website;
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website; and
- Through our third-party service providers, such as payment processors.
To protect the privacy of our Users, we maintain the following policies:
USER INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE COLLECT THE DATA
AEEE collects the following categories of information/ data from the Users:
- By setting cookies on the Website: when a User selects the option of ‘accept cookies’ and browse or interact with our Website: (i) the physical location of the cookies will be on the computer of the User; (ii) media to be used: software code; (iii) type of data to be used: the history of Website visits and personal preferences to enhance User’s experience on the AEEE Website; and (iv) who will collect the data – browser based on the permission or preferences of the User.
- Form data for downloading publication or subscribing to newsletters: when a User fills a form to download publication or to subscribe to AEEE’s newsletters or use a chat feature or speak to us on phone/mobile: (i) the physical location of the form data will be in a database on AEEE’s computer or Cloud; (ii) media to be used: contacts database or mailing list (based on the permission or consent of the User); (iii) type of data to be used: name, organisation and email address and (iv) who will collect the data – AEEE, based on the permission granted by the User.
- Credit/Debit Card and Financial Information: when a User conducts a financial transaction on the Website or [state if there is anything for which User will have to pay using credit/debit card]; (i) the physical location of the form data will be in a third party database of financial service provider; (ii) media to be used: encrypted and secured information in a third party database; (iii) type of data to be used: name, credit/debit card or bank information in encrypted form based on permission granted by the User; and (iv) who would collect the data – financial (payment processing) services or gateway that is contracted by AEEE based on the permission granted by the User.
- Information collected related to application of membership or registration for an event: when a User fills a form related to membership application or registration for an event: (i) the physical location of the form data will be in a database on AEEE’s computer or Cloud; (ii) media to be used: contacts database or mailing list (based on the permission or consent of the User); (iii) type of data to be used: name, organisation, title, address, phone numbers and email address and other related information; and (iv) who will collect the data – AEEE, based on the permission granted by the User.
USER INFORMATION WE COLLECT THROUGH AUTOMATIC DATA COLLECTION
Like most web servers on the Internet, our servers collect and store all of the information that a User’s web browser sends when it requests a web page from our Website. This information may include:
- the name, domain, and numerical internet address of the “host” computer (typically a computer belonging to a User’s Internet Service Provider and not a User’s personal computer) from which a User accesses the Internet (for example, the User’s host computer’s name and its numerical address);
- the data and time the User accessed our site;
- the Internet address of the web page the User came from;
- the page the User requested from our site and the number of characters sent to the User’s computer; and
- the information the User’s web browser software sends us which is called “Users Agent,” which typically identifies the browser software and may also indicate the operating system and type of CPU used in the User’s personal computer.
HOW WE USE USER INFORMATION/DATA COLLECTED
- AEEE may, after seeking permission, retain the information provided by the User on a secure server, so that on re-visiting our Website, the User will not need to re-enter the same information. We utilize a User’s personally identifying information to identify them as a User of the Website and to assist and speed the completion of transactions on the Website based on the permission granted by the User.
- If a User decides to avail membership benefits or transact through the Website, they will be required to submit their credit card details, including the User’s name, account number and the expiration date. The information is used for billing purposes and to contact the User if there are difficulties in processing their orders based on the permission granted by the User.
- We may use the User’s email address to contact them directly regarding services or products that we believe may be of interest to the User, based on information collected about the User’s preferences and activities on the Website, such as the particular pages they request on the Website and purchases or other transactions made.
- AEEE frequently analyzes any automatic data collected and summarizes it to learn how visitors use content on the Website. This information is used to allocate resources effectively and to improve the content, organization and performance of our site.
- If the User provides personally-identifying information through one of our forms, that information may be shared with our IT, finance and logistics partners and providers, who are contractually permitted to use such information solely in connection with organizing and conducting AEEE’s activities and services. This information is shared with only those parties with whom it is necessary to do so, for the fulfilment of business purposes.
- We may combine the User’s personally identifying information and information about their preferences and activities with those of all or a particular group of our Users to prepare collective profiles of our Users and their activities for our internal use.
- We also use information obtained through our Website to perform our obligations which include but are not limited:
- to contact a User for feedback or in relation to the activities and goals of our organization;
- to send newsletter, reports, invitations, publications, or any other communications;
- to administer or otherwise carry out our obligations in relation to any agreement / contract the User may have with us;
- to perform our contractual obligations and render our services;
- to promote our activities, services, aims and objectives;
- to process enquiries or applications submitted by the User;
- to process and respond to requests, improve our operations, and communicate about our activities, services and research;
- to best serve Users and after getting User’s permission, we may share a User’s email address with other members, associates, partners, employees and data processors including service providers that provide support services to us;
- for historical, statistical or scientific purposes; and
WHAT WE DO NOT DO WITH USER INFORMATION/DATA COLLECTED
- We do not release or use the User’s information or data for commercial gains; and
- We do not trade, rent, sell User’s personal data with any other organizations.
DISCLOSURE OF USER INFORMATION/DATA
- We may, at our discretion, disclose personal information and data to protect the personal safety or property of our Users or the public.
- We will not release or use this information for any purpose other than what has been communicated to the User and for which the User has granted consent.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DATA SECURITY
- AEEE is committed to protecting the data collected from its Users from unauthorized alteration, disclosure, hacking or destruction. We have a range of security practices in place, including measures to help secure web access to sensitive data and we undertake efforts to address security vulnerabilities through the usage of various tools.
- Personal Data collected through our website is encrypted using SSL technology
- Personal Data stored in the AEEE database is protected with a secured login with authentication, assignment of a unique ID to each person with computer access, regular pass code changes, and user IDs are deactivated or terminated as needed.
- Our hosting data server provides data protection meeting PCI DSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard), encrypted communication via SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) technology, intrusion detection for all devices and network nodes, state-of-the-art firewall infrastructure that detects malicious application attacks, virus protection, network load balancing devices via Citrix, and patch management, security and vulnerability monitoring and tracking, and SQL server attack protection via applications to detect SQL Injection and Cross Site Scripting Attacks.
- Regardless of the precautions taken by us we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information the Users transmits to us and the Users transmits such information at their own risk.
USE OF ONLINE TRACKING TECHNOLOGY, COOKIES AND WEB BEACONS
- When a User accesses our Website, we along with our third-party service providers may track the information generated to effectively understand how the Services are used and improve the usability of our Services.
- We do not know the identity of a person based on the numerical ID. The cookies used on our websites do not contain any personal data of the visitors.
- Our cookies do not read data off of the User’s hard drive or read cookie files created by other websites.
- The User can however obtain up-to-date information about blocking and deleting cookies via these links:
- https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647 (Chrome);
- https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences (Firefox);
- https://User.opera.com/help/tutorials/security/cookies/ (Opera);
- https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies (Internet Explorer);
- https://support.apple.com/kb/PH21411 (Safari); and
- https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10-microsoft-edge-and-privacy (Edge).
AEEE shall retain data collected only to the point of fulfilling the purpose for which it has been collected unless law or any regulations require a longer retention period.
TRANSFER OF INFORMATION
- The User’s information may be transferred to, and maintained on, servers and databases located outside of the User’s state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the privacy laws may not be as protective as the User’s jurisdiction. Please be advised that we may transfer User’s information to and from any state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction, and process it outside India.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
- Our Website contains links to third party websites and sources that are not owned or maintained by AEEE and are not covered by this privacy statement.
RIGHTS OF USERS
- User’s rights under this Policy include the right to be informed and notified about what and how the information is being used; access to the information; correction of data and information; erasure of information; restrict and object to processing of data; object to data portability; withdraw consent and complain to a supervisory authority.
- Some of the rights of Users are as under:
- Right to access: The Users can review their personal data and know what exact information is being processed.
- Right to rectification: The Users can correct any errors or mistakes in its personal data, as well as keep the controller/processor updated about any changes in their personal data.
- Right to restrict processing: The Users have the right to request the restriction or suppression of their personal data from processing.
- Right to object to data processing: The Users have a right to object to processing of their personal data on certain grounds like legitimate interest, performance of a public interest task, direct marketing and processing for scientific/historical/statistical research. This includes the absolute right to object to processing carried out for the purposes of profiling or direct marketing.
- Right to erasure: The Users have the right to request the controller to erase all/any of the personal data relating to them. However, the erasure, i.e. the right to be forgotten, shall be subject to the applicable laws, which may not result in full or partial erasure of a User’s information.
- Right to not be subjected to automated individual decision-making: Automated individual decision-making means making decisions affecting a User solely by automated means, without any human involvement, using personal data of the User. Users have a right to not be subject to such decision-making if it produces legal effects concerning the User or similarly significantly affect the User. However, this is not an absolute right if the automated individual decision-making is done with explicit consent of the User or is necessary for performance of a contract between the User and the controller.
- Right to withdraw consent: To the extent that the legal basis for AEEE processing of a User’s personal information is User consent, a User has the right to withdraw their consent at any time. Withdrawal will not affect the lawfulness of processing before the withdrawal. However, the withdrawal shall be subject to the applicable laws, which may not lead to withdrawal of the consent.
- Right to judicial and non-judicial remedy: The User can lodge a complaint with relevant data protection authorities, in case of any breach of their rights under the relevant Indian laws..
CONSEQUENCES OF REFUSAL TO GIVE CONSENT, OPT OUT AND WITHDRAWAL
In case of any User’s refusal to provide the desired personal information and data, or withdrawal of the User’s consent at any point of time, AEEE, at its discretion, may discontinue, refuse or withdraw its services or perform its obligations as contemplated in any policy or contract between the Users and AEEE.
GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION
- In particular, AEEE will have no liability for any consequential, indirect, punitive, special or incidental damages, whether foreseeable or unforeseeable (including, but not limited to, claims for defamation, errors, loss of data or interruption in the availability of data) arising out of or relating to this Policy, whether based on contract, tort, statutory or other law.
- By accessing our Website and providing personal information and data, the User indicates that the User has given exclusive permission for the use, storage, retention, processing and sharing of their personal information and data as set out in this Policy.
- The User is also consenting to the terms of this Policy in its entirety for our continued use of all previously collected information, until specific withdrawal of the right granted to us towards use of their personal information is intimated to AEEE as per terms of this Policy.
- Subject to the rights that AEEE may have, the User can exercise discretion of not providing their personal information or data to AEEE.
This Policy strictly follows the provisions of the Information Technology Act, 2000 of India, and Rules made thereunder.